4 Steps to learn Product Design



Hi Everyone, back with me Arina at My Digital Diary!


I never believe it, I have begun my career to being a Product designer. Some of my friends asked me:

‘How can it be?’

‘What are the steps to learn Product Design?’


That’s the common question when I met them. So, I would like to share about it based on my experience.


First thing first, you have to know the reason:

‘Why do you want to be a product designer?’ 

‘What has motivated you?’


Apakah karna kamu memang suka dengan mendesign? 

Apakah karna memang kamu suka untuk solve problem? 

Cari tau alasan kamu kenapa Product Design? 

Kenapa ga yang lain? 

Ngobrol sama diri kamu sendiri.

And If you did and knew the answer, it will make you more spirit rather than you don’t know anymore.


The second one is START. 

Start to design at a platform that you are comfortable with. I suggest using FIGMA. Figma is a platform with a website based, so it won’t take a lot of your memory on your device. 


I highly recommend you learn from Youtube and watch the ‘Kukuh Aldi’ channel. His content is really easy to understand for the beginner.


The third one is READ a MEDIUM. 

Luckily, many UX designers have written their study cases about UIUX Designs. 

Or if you have a Lil bit of money, you can buy one of the digital books from ‘Halo Designer’ by Mas Wasil (he is one of my fav designer Indo) which is Petunjuk Memulai UX Dari Nol’, it will help you to learn UIUX Design/Product Design from scratch.


Last not least, PRACTICE.

Practice makes perfect. Always practice your skill. Dengan latiihan terus-terusan, akan menumbuhkan sense of design yang bagus, clear, dan mudah untuk solving problems. Karena Product Design is not only about design but you have to solve a problem. You will create a product for your users and business need, not for you.


Oke, that’s 4 steps that I can sum up according to my experiences. See you on another topic! bye!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Blue in June

Hidden Gem in Tulungagung, Jawa Timur

What a beauty New Year's Eve 2023!!!