An Opportunity

Hi Everyone, back with me Arina at Digital Diary!


My journey as a product designer is not always smooth. I’ve tried to apply for an internship as a product designer/UI-UX designer starting in the 3rd semester. Every day I hunted a job seeker account and apply almost 20 jobs each day but nothing results. At that time I almost wanted to give up because none of the companies I applied for work did not call me for an offering letter. And it always ends at the interview stage.


But my prayers have finally been answered. Suddenly, my cell phone rang from a number not listed in my contacts. After I picked it up, it turned out that one of the financial company I had applied called me. I was invited for an interview that same day. Finally, I got an interview and did the case study that was given.

The next day I was invited to another interview to talk about the offering letter, salary agreement, working hours, etc. It's really nice.


---//---


A week has passed since the last interview, but the offer letter has not yet arrived. I tried to chat with the head of tech. But the response was: "yes, mba, it's being prepared". OK, I'm still waiting.


---//---


Another week passed and I again chatted with him to ask for confirmation. And the response is: "The file is still being searched". Oke, I’m still waiting …


---//---


One month passed. I have given up hope of becoming a product designer. And I have no expectations at all with this company. I tried to apply again to another company.



---//---


Fast forward, to be precise in the 6th semester on March 15, I received an email from the CEO of Ojire, the fintech company I told you above. He asked me “Arina, are you still looking for a job?”. 


After waiting almost 1year, he followed up me again. Actually I feel confused, what should I do? I mean, I feel ashamed if they just do the same thing. But I tried to answer “yes” because this time the CEO himself sent me an email directly.


Without waiting long, he asked me to do the interview again and talk about things that had been delayed before. Finally, we both agree and onboarding will be done.


I’m happy to be part of this extraordinary team. I learned a lot about financial (business) although sometimes there are some new financial vocabulary that I don’t know.


Until now, I’ve designed a lot of platforms for OJIRE. I’m glad because they trusted me to develop it. I hope what I’ve created will help a lot of users and increase business needs. 


Ojire in love!



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Blue in June

Hidden Gem in Tulungagung, Jawa Timur

What a beauty New Year's Eve 2023!!!